Climate Change (environmental issues)
Is climate change real?
First off, here is some good reading: Guide To Scepticism
And this site also if you are sceptic: The Consensus Project
But really, the question whether human activity is causing climate change, is irrelevant, there are many good reason to produce clean energy and harness wind, hydro and solar power.
- Fossil fuels are finite
- Wind, hydro and solar power are infinite
- More and more wars are fraught for resources
- Fuels need to be produced, refined and delivered
- You can produce clean energy in your own home
- I like clean air
- I like clean water
- I am healthy and like to stay that way
- I don't like street noise
- I don't like to conserve energy
- The use of renewable energy costs less, a lot less after you count in:
- The increased cost of production (fracking, transport)
- The increased cost of health care (from the poisons released in burning FFs)
- Increase in local warfare (to exploit third world nations, secure resources)
- Increase in global geopolitical conflict, unrest
- Terrorism, open water piracy (actual freedom fighters, fighting against their nation's being exploited)
- Refugees crisis, (actually people trying to flee those exploited regions, also called victims, our victims.)
You need one more? OK, climate change, whether we are a factor or not, it's real, get over it.
Now, what are the 'probable' main causes for this disaster? Scientists don't yet agree. (I haven't gotten around to check the 97% statement yet, but it's irrelevant.) If we ask what causes bad air, contaminated waters, 'plastic oceans', declining habitat for many species, resistance against Antibiotics, then here are some aspects:
- Burning of fossil fuels
- Energy production coal and gas
- Heating of buildings
- Ground transportation (personnel and cargo)
- Civil Aviation (personnel and cargo)
- Wars, armed forces (production and operation of ff driven vehicles, arms, ammunition and gear)
- Meat production
- Grain plantations expansion
- Methane production (cattle, melting permafrost)
- The use of Antibiotics drives a world wide resistance to ABs,
- Negative health effects of grain feeding cattle, it adds the need for antibiotics, which comes with the impending human resistance against antibiotics and the need for more medication and supplements to keep us healthy.
- Packaging industry
- Design, marketing and advertising come before ecology. There should be a new tax for unnecessary packaging. Nespresso is unecological. When is the last time you had a filter coffee? It's much better in any way. Ok, there's no 'crema'. So what?!
- Bottle service in restaurants.
- Biodegradable plastics have been invented, where are they in packaging?
- Bring your own, reusable 'packaging', and leave the packaging in the store. (This can get very funny, and it's legal. I have had people, behind me in the que, do the same...)
- Buy local products in reusable packaging/bags
This page in a work in progress. Your feedback, input and collaboration is appreciated. Please stay rational and fact based.